Thursday, September 15, 2011

MEATLESS TACO SALAD

MEATLESS TACO SALAD

So I came home from work today and it was so hot that I was like I don't feel like cooking let alone standing in the kitchen for a long period of time to prepare a meal. So I quickly looked into the fridge and found lettuce, tomato, cucumber, black olives, and cheddar cheese that I cut up into strips (improvised, since I didn't have shredded), and mild banana salad peppers. 




So if you its just for yourself or for several prepare your salad as you normally would and include the veggies and this is so quick and very filling too. Now I sprinkled some cumin on it to give it some flavor. Also you can add some sour cream, salsa, and meat if you choose but this was a great salad that can be prepared really FAST. This salad is also great for those wanting to lose weight and eat healthy portioned meals. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cakebrain said...

Looks good!

Fickle Cattle said...

Looks good, but I daresay a smattering of ground beef would make that wonderful.

Fickle Cattle
ficklecattle.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks, to you both cakebrain and fickle cattle, it was just a quick concoction of what was available in the fridge and yes if some there was some already cooked ground beef available it would've definitely been included.